Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits1
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units2
Hours & Credits
Introduction into four main areas of systematic philosophy.
In this course we will explore four fundamental subjects within systematic philosophy:
1. Logic ("laws of reason"),
2. Epistemology ("theory of knowledge"),
3. Metaphysics ("theory of being"),
4. Worldviews ("life orienting narratives").
Each subject will be structured around a key question:
1. What's the origin and nature of the laws of logic?
2. What's knowledge? How to define this concept?
3. Is there an ultimate ground or first cause of reality?
4. Is it possible to rationally compare different worldviews?
TYPE OF ASSESSMENT
Multiple choice examination.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.