The Future Entrepreneur
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Area of Study
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
The course The Future Entrepreneur is concerned with entrepreneurial opportunities and the role of the entrepreneur in the year 2030.
The VU has as its slogan: Looking Further. What course fits this tagline better than the Future Entrepreneur? This course challenges its participants to think further and to anticipate what may be lying ahead. It focuses on future trends as well as the role of the entrepreneur. Because anticipating the future necessarily involves speculation, it also challenges its participants to employ academic as well as non-academic sources, and speculative as well as evidence based sources, while remaining cautious with regard to the reliability and validity of all.
Each class aims to have interacting working formats, engaging the students in active learning. Participation counts as a percentage of the final grade. In the last session, students present their future business idea. One assignment will be written as a team, one will be written individually.
TYPE OF ASSESSMENT
- The final grade will be based on a report on a future entrepreneurial opportunity (40%);
- an essay of the profile of the future entrepreneur (50%);
- and class participation (10%).
- One assignment is conducted in a team, and one solo.
- You are not allowed to score lower than “5” on any of the components. Revisions meet a grade cap of “6”.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.