Corporate Writing and Editing
Queensland University of Technology
Area of Study
Business, Business Administration, Creative Writing
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3 - 4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4 - 6
Hours & Credits
This unit deals with both the fundamentals of language (grammar, punctuation, style) and the dominant corporate writing genres (manuals, report, speeches, brochures).
On completion of this unit you should be able to:
1. display a practical knowledge of two of these genres: Reports, Brochure Writing, Writing for the Web, Writing Manuals, Speech Writing
2. deploy grammar, punctuation, style, paragraphing and layout in producing outstanding corporate documents
3. develop highly specialised knowledge about the writing process including ethical matters
4. recognise, evaluate, and re-craft writing problems using advanced editing skills
5. behave in a manner appropriate to a professional/corporate writer.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.