3D Modelling and Visualisation
Gold Coast, Australia
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3 - 4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4.5 - 6
Hours & Credits
This subject introduces students to the concepts needed for a career in 3D design. Students will be introduced to the fundamentals of modelling, texturing and rendering techniques required to create digital 3D models and cutting edge visualisation pipelines like Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and 3D printing. Students will learn industry standard concepts used across a multitude of 3D development tools and produce their own high quality portfolio work.
1. Acquired knowledge of the graphics pipeline from 2D images to 3D models
2. Develop a solid comprehension of fundamental 3D modelling constructs and the Euclidian mathematics of 3D spaces.
3. Acquire fundamental skills in rendering photorealistic 3D scenes with 3D modelling software.
4. Acquire fundamental skills in rendering photorealistic 3D scenes with 3D modelling software.
5. Possess knowledge of the technical issues and restrictions involved in creating film, 3D fabrication and game compatible 3D models
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.