Through this program students will have the opportunity to study in the capital of the European Union and the international center for politics and business during a semester or academic year at Vesalius College. Students can enroll in an impressive array of courses in the fields of Politics, International Affairs, International Business, Communications, Liberal Arts, French and Dutch, as well as various general education courses. All courses are taught in English (with the exception of language courses) and are instructed by host university faculty at Vesalius College. Classes are comprised of both local and international students.
- Internship Opportunities:
- Through this program, students may participate in internship opportunities in the fields of international relations/politics, business or communications with well-respected organizations throughout Brussels
- Internships are credit-bearing and are taken in place of one course
- Capstone Courses:
- Designed to be completed toward the end of students' undergraduate degree programs
- Aid in transition from the academic to the professional or graduate/research world
- Students work on projects for world-renound clients and present their findings at the end of the term
- Please review the course list for your specific session of interest for the full list of available capstone courses
- Certificate in European Peace & Security Studies (EPSS):
- Offered exclusively during the fall semester
- Specific set of courses which provide in-depth insights to contemporary security issues, taking advantage of the unique perspective Brussels has to offer
- Expertise of four leading educational institutions in Brussels: the Belgian Royal Military Academy, the Univeristy of Kent, the Institute for European Studies (IES) and the Global Governance Institute (CGI)
- Includes a high-profile weekly guest lecture series given by senior experts and policymakers from the EU, NATO, the UN and other prominent organizations
Please contact the Belgium Site Specialist with any questions related to the academics for this program.