Semester / Trimester
Business, Culture & Courses with Locals -Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina
The Business, Culture & Courses with Locals program allows students at the advanced or higher Portuguese proficiency level to enroll in courses with local Brazilian students. Students can choose from a wide range of courses that fall under the host university's curriculum. Courses with locals are mostly 72 contact hours each and are taught at several campuses across the greater Florianópolis area. Students who do not wish to enroll in at least one course with locals, will be required to switch to the Culture, Portuguese Language & Business program.
All courses are taught at the Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina by local university professors. ISA primarily take classes alongside ISA students.
Please note that a student visa is required for all ISA Brazil semester programs. Please reference the Student Visa & Embassy page for more information. Applying for a visa could require out of state travel.
1. Enjoy the Island of Magic - Florianópolis is surrounded by 42 breathtaking beaches, spend a semester or summer abroad in paradise!
2. Carnival - Interested in a cultural experience unlike any other? Visit Brazil in the spring and enjoy the vibrant music, flashy costumes, and lively spirit of Brazilians during the Carnival holiday.
3. Stay Active - A coastal city, surrounded by rolling mountains, Atlantic rainforest and soft white sand dunes, Florianópolis is perfect for those who love the outdoors. Popular activities include: surfing, paragliding, sandboarding, and hiking.
4. Friendliest City - Enjoy your program in one of the friendliest cities in Latin America, ranked as such in previous years, Florianópolis is welcoming to all of its visitors.
5. Money Matters - Study abroad for a semester in our most affordably priced program around the world!
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
Minimum Admissions Prerequisites
Students must have completed or tested out of a minimum of four semester (six quarters) of college-level Portuguese.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.
Click on a session to view details!
(IFPF3118) Program in Progress
Currently Accepting Applications!TBA (IFPF3119)