Airport Operations Management
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
Airports consist of a complex array of operations. These operations are a critical component to the success of the aviation industry. These operations are by their nature expansive and inherently interconnected, ranging from aircraft to passenger to cargo handling. This module examines these operations and discusses their role and importance in the aviation industry. In doing so it gives students a firm foundation in the principles of airport operations and its complexities.
1. illustrate the main operational functions of an airport.
2. identify and classify the range of businesses involved in the operational functions of the airport.
3. describe the complexity and interconnectivity of airport operations
4. describe performance measurement and improvement techniques in operations
5. describe the minimum service requirements for different airport services