Animal Cell Biotechnology
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To provide the student with an overview of modern research and industrial applications of animal cell biology To provide an appreciation of the applications of animal cell culture and related technologies and their applications in industry, research and medicine.
1. Evaluate the techniques underlying Animal Cell Biotechnology
2. Discuss the application of animal cell biotechnology in commercial production of vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, and other biopharmaceuticals
3. Evaluate methods used to genetically manipulate animal cells.
4. Discuss the biological role and potential medical applications of stem cells.
5. Discuss some of the ethical issues associated with human cell biotechnology and its applications
6. Evaluate how animal cell biotechnology research methods (including gene expression profiling and proteomic profiling) can be applied to understanding disease.
7. Evaluate the different levels at which gene expression can be regulated in animal cells.