Concepts and Contexts in Education and Training
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Education, Teacher Education
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
INACTIVE - This module aims to provide students with a sound understanding of the changing concepts and contexts of Irish and European education & training provision and the sociological and philosophical developments underlying these. It also faciliates students in clarifying the contexts of their own particular education or training provision and their values and attitudes regarding the concepts underlying these.
1. 1. Describe the role of key stakeholders in the development of Irish education
2. 1. Explain how the structural and legislative framework within which the Irish education system operates
3. 1. Distinguish between the historical development and structural reality of the Irish primary, secondary, tertiary and further education sectors
4. 1. Analyse the factors influencing curriculum developments in the Irish education system
5. 1. Analyse current and future trends in education