Data Analysis and Visualisation
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Computer Info Systems, Computer Science
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
The module aims to equip students with an understanding of data analysis and visualisation techniques and the knowledge of a variety of tools and statistical techniques to make sense of the emergence and exponential growth of big data. It will teach students to identify suitable approaches for business related issues.
1. Understand the data analysis pipeline, how it is used in organisations and the ethical implications.
2. Explain the purpose and benefits of data analysis, in particular the emergence of big data.
3. Understand the requirements for communicating data analysis through visualisations and critique both their own and other visualisations.
4. Use functions in spreadsheets such as import, filtering, manipulation, visualisation.
5. Identify and specify requirements (such as tools, data and organisational structure) for performing the analysis of complex business-related issues.