French for International Business 2
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Business, French, French Culture, International Business
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module sets the level B2.1 from the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) as its minimum exit level. The module aims to enable students to acquire the language skills necessary to engage in academic activities in the course of their year abroad, to provide students with skills that enable them to become autonomous learners through French, to research a specialised topic, to carry out a group project, to set goals, to plan the different stages of the project, to organise their work and to design the best possible mode of delivery, to improve the student's formal academic writing skill, to evaluate and monitor, individually and in groups, progress and product and to manage their own learning.
1. LO1 Define and explain key business vocabulary in French
2. LO2 Demonstrate an increased knowledge of the French economy, French and Irish companies, advertising
3. LO3 Extract key points from authentic (business-related) materials in French
4. LO4 Research an Irish or an Irish-based company that wishes to export to France
5. LO5 Perform a group oral presentation on that topic with clarity and fluency appropriate to this level