Introduction to Marketing
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To enable students to gain an understanding of the major decisions faced by marketing management in their efforts to balance the organisation's objectives against the needs and opportunities in the global marketplace.
1. Differentiate between the five main business orientations and appreciate the evolution of modern marketing practices.
2. Describe and discuss the environmental forces and trends within theses forces that affect the firm s ability to serve its customers.
3. Discuss how consumer decision making varies with types of buying decision.
4. Assess the benefits of market segmentation and position an offer for maximum competitive advantage.
5. Evaluate the components and processes involved in framing the marketing mix.
6. Explain the general principles underlying the management of services.
7. Discuss the components of a strategic marketing plan.
8. Appreciate the significance of social responsibility and ethical marketing behaviour.