Plasma Science and Technology
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
The purpose of this module is to provide students an overview of the fundamental principles that govern low pressure plasma discharges and a broad awareness of the current applications of plasma processing and surface analysis techniques in industry.
1. State the fundamental properties of a plasma.
2. Relate previously introduced physical principles to that of plasmas.
3. Identify the properties of a plasma to the area of its application.
4. Critically evaluate a research paper in the area of plasma physics.
5. Describe the vacuum systems used in plasma systems.
6. Identify the physical quantities relevant to vacuum systems.