Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
The objective of the module is to familiarise students with the fundamentals of integral and differential fluid mechanics and heat transfer as well as the principles and methods of dimensional analysis in order to enable students to model idealised problems.
1. Describe fluid and heat transfer problems using dimensional and non dimensional formulations
2. Express mass momentum and energy conservation principles as equations
3. Manipulate and/or simplify a mathematical representation to achieve an outline solution to the physical problem
4. Identify and analyse fluid Mechanics and heat transfer systems or processes
5. Measure and report on the performance of a range of simplified heat exchangers