Universitat Politècnica de València
Area of Study
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This course covers
1. Trigonometric functions, inverse trigonometric functions and their graphs
2. Analytic Trigonometry: Identities and conditional equations.
3. Applications of Trigonometric Functions: Solution of triangles.
4. Trigonometric form of complex numbers. DeMoivre´s theorem and nth roots.
5. Polar Coordinates. Introduction to plane vectors.
Your active participation is required. The instructor will recommend the previous reading of some sections to obtain the maximum profit of them. Also the student must develop a continuous homework to acquire the desired mathematical skills
The course is designed to a) enhance your ability to relate and deeply understand mathematical concepts and results and b) develop your ability to apply this knowledge in different fields of science and engineering through the resolution of different applied and
Exams: Two In-Class Exams (20% & 30% respectively) 35%
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Some courses may require additional fees.
ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.